These tips will assist you in achieving optimal results and a flawless finish to your glowing tan. Let's get tanning!
Before Applying your tan:
- We recommend to ensure your skin is exfoliated and moisturised 24 hours before applying GC Tan.
- Also ensure if you need to wax or shave this is done 48 hours prior, allowing time for your pores to close fully and no dotting occurs.
- Make sure your skin is dry prior to application and only apply a light layer of moisturiser on elbows and knees. Moisturiser to your elbows & knees will help stop these areas getting to dark as these are areas that the self-tan tends to grab to more.
- Try to avoid using perfumes, deodorant and makeup on the day of application. These products may act as a barrier against your skin and prevent the tanning agents to effectively develop.
Applying your tan:
- We recommend using our Luxe tan applicator mitt for a streak free finish
- Apply the mousse into the tanning mitt, then onto your skin using long sweeping circular motions. Smooth on evenly and blend thoroughly
- If you wish to apply a second coat, we suggest waiting 20-30 minutes for your first coat to set in prior to repeating steps.
- Wait at least 10-15 minutes before dressing
After Applying your tan:
- Whilst your tan is developing, we recommend you wear loose clothing and underwear. We also suggest avoid wearing white – whilst our tan should not run on your clothes as we pride ourselves on being stick free, we cannot guarantee this if you tend to sweat more or do wear something slightly tight.
- You can wash off after 2-4 hours (for a lighter glow), however to achieve the optimal darkest results we strongly suggest leave on for 8 or more hours (overnight is okay), prior to showering.
- To rinse off, take a light shower in lukewarm water only. Do not use any soaps, scrubs, shower gels etc for 24 hours after.
- Our self-tan will continue to develop for a further 8 hours after rinsing in no product is used on the skin thereafter.
- Pat your skin dry, do not rub or scrub your skin.
- To help prolong your tan longer, use a moisturiser daily.